Carrot Muffins with Orange Icing
Super moist carrot muffins with perfect orange icing… it sounds like a great dessert! Plus, you can make them quickly using just one bowl. Simply carrot cake flavour in the muffin size, perfect on-the-go treat. 🙂
How to keep carrot muffins extra moist?
Carrot muffins with orange icingCourse: Dessert, BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
- Carrot muffins:
2 cups freshly grated carrots (about 4 medium carrots)
1,5 cup plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground ginger, 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Orange icing:
3 tsp finely grated orange peel
3 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 1800C.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients shortly: oil, carrot, vanilla extract and eggs.
- Add dry ingredients: the sifted flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and spices. Mix until ingredients are well combined.
- Line a muffin tin with paper or silicone cupcake liners (or grease well with cooking spray).
- Fill muffin liners (2/3 full).
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- In a meantime prepare the orange icing: put orange peel and juice into small bowl, then gradually add powdered sugar until icing is nice and thick.
- Remove muffins from the oven, cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Drizzle with orange icing and enjoy!
- Use eggs that are at room temperature. They will mix more easily into the batter and won’t cool it down.
- Use only freshly grated carrots (don’t use ready pre-shredded one from the store), they will give extra moist to the batter.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @magda.yummytitbits or tag #yummytitbits on Instagram!
I am sorry you did not like this recipe!
Let me improve it!
Tell us how I can improve this recipe?