Cherry Tomato and Basil Bruschetta with Balsamic Drizzle
Cherry tomato and basil bruschetta is a perfect appetizer if you are throwing a party or just enjoying a sunny day in the garden. It’s also great for when you want to make something special without much effort.
The key ingredients to perfect tomato and basil bruschetta:
This appetizer is simple to make and can be made ahead of time. It goes in no time so if you are making this for a party, I suggest making double batch so everyone have a chance to enjoy it!
Tomato and Basil Bruschetta with Balsamic DrizzleCourse: AppetizersDifficulty: Easy
1 white baton/baguette/rustic bread (about 8-9 slices)
250 g cherry tomatoes
6 leaves fresh basil, finely chopped
1 tbsp olive oil + about 100ml for toasting baguette
1 clove garlic
pinch of salt
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
a few leaves of fresh basil
- Cut cherry tomatoes into smaller pieces (I cut each in eight pieces) and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Stir salt into the tomatoes, add basil and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Stir to combine. Set aside or leave in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
- Slice baguette or bread diagonally into pieces (about 1.5 cm wide each). I am able to get 8-9 slices from small baguette. Preheat a large frying pan with about 100ml olive oil and fry sliced baguette until golden brown on each side. Add more olive oil if needed. You can also toast sliced baguette in the oven for about 10 minutes. In this case, brush both sides of the slice with olive oil and line on a baking paper. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Rub each slice with fresh garlic to add an extra flavour. You can also add chopped garlic into tomato mixture if you’d like to make it more garlicky.
- When you are ready to serve. drain off the excess tomato juice that has accumulated in the bowl. Top each toast with tomato mixture. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and put one leaf of fresh basil on top of each bruschetta. Serve straight away.
- You can make the tomato mixture in advance and keep it in the fridge for up to 1 day.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @yummytitbitsbymagda or tag #yummytitbits on Instagram!
I am sorry you did not like this recipe!
Let me improve it!
Tell us how I can improve this recipe?
Hello! I could have sworn I’ve been to this site before but after going through
a few of the articles I realized it’s new to me.
Anyways, I’m certainly pleased I found it and I’ll be bookmarking it and checking back frequently!