Cranberry and White Chocolate Tart
OMG… this cranberry & white chocolate tart is just a perfect dessert for Christmas or New Year’s Eve party. With no baking required! Super creamy and sweet, balanced by slight tartness of cranberries. How could you say no to that? 😉
What ingredients do you need to make this tart?
You will also need some extra cranberries to decorate the tart. I usually cover them in sugar for wintery look. You will also need something green – you can use pine needles or rosemary.
How to prepare sugared cranberries for decoration?
Firstly, remove any old or soft cranberries. Then dissolve sugar (1/3 cup) with water (1/3 cup) in a small pot over low heat, then stir in cranberries until coated for about 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon put cranberries on parchment paper. Let them set for about 15 minutes then roll them in granulated sugar. Let them dry for at least 30 minutes. Now your perfect wintery decoration is ready!
Cranberry and White Chocolate TartDifficulty: Easy
200 g digestive biscuits
80 g melted butter
125 ml double or whipping cream
200 g white chocolate, chopped
250 g mascarpone
200 g cranberries
50 g sugar
50 g cranberries
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup water
pine needles / rosemary
- For crust add digestive biscuits into a food processor and pulse. Add melted butter and mix until combined into a moist mixture. Transfer into a tart tin and press firmly (press up on the sides as well). Put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare cranberry filling. Put cranberries into a small saucepan, add sugar and simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes until cranberries have broken down. Add a little bit of water if they starting to be very sticky. Set aside to cool down.
- Prepare the white chocolate layer. Put double cream into a saucepan and heat over medium low heat. When cream is hot, remove from the heat, add chopped white chocolate and stir until smooth. Set aside to cool down.
- Remove mascarpone from the fridge and whip for about 1 minute. Add gradually into the cooled mixture of cream and white chocolate, stirring shortly only until combined.
- Remove crust from the fridge, spread cranberry filling evenly then white chocolate filling on the top. Let set in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Decorate with sugar cranberries and rosemary. Enjoy!
- This is a make-ahead dessert. The tart needs to set in the fridge for at least 2 hours before consuming.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @magda.yummytitbits or tag #yummytitbits on Instagram!
I am sorry you did not like this recipe!
Let me improve it!
Tell us how I can improve this recipe?