Creamy Chicken Mushroom Penne
Chicken and mushroom combined with creamy sauce… that’s quick but delicious recipe! I’m sure you’ll love it.
How to make this delicious chicken mushroom pasta?
Here is a quick step-to-step guide:
I like to use penne pasta for creamy sauces, but you can use any pasta you like. Similarly with mushrooms – you can use any variety you like. If you prefer meaty mushroom flavour you can go for chestnut variety. But most importantly, use only fresh parsley as dried one won’t be as flavourful.
Creamy chicken mushroom penneCourse: LunchDifficulty: Easy
200 g penne pasta
200 g mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp butter
1 chicken breast, diced
2 tbsp vegetable oil
100 ml broth or hot water
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
150 ml double cream
2 tbsp mozarella cheese, grated
salt, ground pepper, italian herbs
- Boil penne in salted water according to the instructions on the package.
- In a large frying pan, fry the diced onion with butter for one minute. Add sliced mushrooms and fry for about 5 minutes over medium heat. Sprinkle with pinch of salt and pepper.
- In the meantime, heat vegetable oil in a second pan over medium heat and add diced chicken breast. Add pinch of salt, pepper and italian herbs. Fry until cooked and golden.
- Add hot broth (or water) to the mushrooms, bring to boiling. Add fresh parsley and double cream. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes to thicken, then add chicken.
- Stir in cooked penne and sprinkle with mozarella cheese. Mix well with the sauce.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!
- To reheat creamy pasta, heat it up in a pan with a splash of double cream. Do not use microwave as sauce can go greasy.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @yummytitbitsbymagda or tag #yummytitbits on Instagram!
I am sorry you did not like this recipe!
Let me improve it!
Tell us how I can improve this recipe?