Crispy Parmesan Potatoes with Parsley and Bacon
It’s no secret that I love potatoes. These crispy potatoes are coated in parmesan and served with fresh parsley and bacon. Trust me, it’s delicious! I love serving these with delicate meat like turkey or chicken breast. A great way to jazz up your meals!
Secret to extra crispy parmesan potatoes:
I love making these little potatoes for dinner, they are super delicious! The parmesan cheese adds the perfect amount of flavour to these crispy potatoes. Plus, it’s a great way to use up any leftover cooked bacon that you might have lying around. The parsley adds some freshness and colour to this simple side dish. You can easily make these ahead of time too so they will be ready whenever you need them! These are also great if you make extra and have leftovers which I do often since our family loves them so much!
You can easily make this recipe vegetarian by substituting the bacon with some vegan bacon bits if you wish. This recipe makes 2 large servings or 4 smaller ones if you want to serve them as a starter before your meal.
Please let me know how your crispy parmesan potatoes turn out in the comments! I love hearing from you.
Crispy Smashed Potatoes with Parsley and Bacon BitsCourse: Appetizers, SidesDifficulty: Easy
1 kg baby potatoes, washed and unpeeled
1 tbsp salt
- Parmesan mixture:
70 ml olive oil
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
herbs and spices: 2 tsp smoked paprika, 2 tsp Italian herb blend, 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
50 g parmesan cheese, grated
2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
4 stripes smoked bacon
- Wash potatoes under running water and scrub any dirt and sprouts. Cut each potato in half. Transfer to a large pot. Fill pot with cold water until potatoes are covered. Add 1 tbsp of salt and boil for 6-8 minutes.
- While the potatoes cook, preheat the oven to 2200C/ 4300F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- When potatoes are done, drain them in a large colander and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare parmesan mixture. In a large mixing bowl combine olive oil, garlic, herbs, spices and parmesan cheese. Toss parboiled potatoes through the garlic parmesan mixture to evenly coat.
- Arrange coated potatoes cut side down on a baking tray. Bake potatoes in the oven for 30-35 minutes until golden brown and crispy. If you use large potatoes increase baking time to 40+ minutes.
- In the meantime prepare topping. Melt butter, finely chop parsley and fry bacon on a pan over medium high heat until golden and super crispy. Add a little bit of cooking oil if necessary. Drain bacon on a kitchen towel, then crumble it or chop into tiny bits.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and transfer to a serving bowl. Drizzle with melted butter. Add parsley and bacon bits. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- You can use herbs and spices of your choice for an extra flavour twist.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @yummytitbitsbymagda or tag #yummytitbits on Instagram!
I am sorry you did not like this recipe!
Let me improve it!
Tell us how I can improve this recipe?