Easy Tomato Sauce
This tomato sauce is super easy and quick to prepare. It tastes great as a base for pizza or pasta, or simply served with some crusty bread.
Here’s what you need to make Easy Tomato Sauce:
This recipe makes about 1 cup of sauce (which is enough for about 2 small pizzas), but you can double or triple it if you’re cooking for more people. Enjoy!
Easy Tomato SauceCourse: Make aheadDifficulty: Easy
1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, peeled
400 g (1 can) peeled plum tomatoes
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp granulated sugar
3/4 tsp salt
6 leaves fresh basil
- Slightly heat olive oil in a medium-sized pot, add whole clove of garlic and fry for about 15 seconds over medium-low heat until aroma releases.
- Add peeled tomatoes from the can, oregano, sugar, salt and combine. Simmer for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add fresh basil and remove from the heat.
- Blend sauce using a hand blender or in the food processor until smooth.
- Spread over the pizza crust or serve with your favourite pasta. Enjoy!
- I recommend to prepare tomato sauce in a large- or medium-sized pot as it’s bubbling strongly.
- You can keep tomato sauce refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week or frozen up to 6 months.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @yummytitbitsbymagda or tag #yummytitbits on Instagram!
I am sorry you did not like this recipe!
Let me improve it!
Tell us how I can improve this recipe?