Parmesan Orzo with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes and Thyme
Parmesan Orzo with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes and Thyme is a quick and easy dinner for two ready in just 20 minutes. The result is a ridiculously simple yet incredibly flavourful dish that can be made all year-round!
How to make Parmesan Orzo with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes and Thyme?
Firstly, roast cherry tomatoes which is incredibly easy! Put cherry tomatoes into a baking dish, add olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes. In the meantime, fry onion with garlic and fresh thyme on a frying pan until soft, add orzo, vegetable broth and simmer for about 10 minutes. Stir in parmesan and you’re ready to serve!
Orzo is an Italian pasta shaped like rice. It is great for absorbing flavours and making the perfect side dish or main course. With the addition of roasted cherry tomatoes, fresh thyme and parmesan cheese, this easy dinner recipe will have you coming back for seconds.
Perfect as a meatless meal or just as a side dish. The parmesan orzo with roasted cherry tomatoes and thyme is packed with flavour from herbs, tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese that compliments both chicken dishes and fish recipes like salmon.
This recipe makes 2 large servings, perfect for a date night or dinner for two!
Please let me know how your Parmesan Orzo turn out in the comments! I love hearing from you.
Parmesan Orzo with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes and ThymeCourse: Dinner, Lunch, SidesDifficulty: Easy
300 g cherry tomatoes
6 tbsp olive oil
salt and black pepper, to taste
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped or pressed
2 sprigs fresh thyme + 2 sprigs for serving
300 g orzo pasta
600 ml vegetable broth
70 g parmesan, grated
- Preheat oven to 2000C. Place cherry tomatoes in a baking dish, drizzle generously with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes,
- In a large frying pan heat up olive oil, add onion, garlic and fresh thyme. Fry on a medium-low heat until soften (be careful not to burn it!).
- Stir in orzo pasta. Add vegetable broth and heat over high heat until boiling, then lower the heat and simmer covered for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. If pasta gets too dry, add a little bit more broth.
- When pasta absorbs most of the liquid, add parmesan and combine well. Taste and adjust salt and pepper if needed. Transfer to serving plates.
- Top with fresh thyme, roasted cherry tomatoes and drizzle with juices released during roasting. Enjoy!
- This orzo pasta tastes great on its own and as a side to your favourite meat.
Do you like my recipes?
I will appreciate if you buy me a coffee. Your support will enable me to further develop this blog and publish delicious content.
Thank you so much!
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @yummytitbitsbymagda or tag #yummytitbits on Instagram!
If you love this recipe, you will also love…
I am sorry you did not like this recipe!
Let me improve it!
Tell us how I can improve this recipe?