Roasted Butternut Squash Pasta
Roasted Butternut Squash Pasta is an easy autumn recipe to make your gloomy days feel more cosy. The flavours of the roasted butternut squash and tender pasta create a creamy, delicious meal that’s warm, comforting, and just right for the season.
How to make Roasted Butternut Squash Pasta?
This is super easy and fuss-free recipe! Just roast up some butternut squash along with onion, garlic and red chilli pepper, then blend them together with pasta water in a blender. Combine with your favourite pasta, add butter and that’s it! Serve with parmesan cheese, chilli flakes and enjoy!
Butternut squash is one of those vegetables that you don’t often think about eating before autumn starts. But now is *just* the right time for it! Whether you are looking for a meal to share with friends or a cozy dinner on your own, this pasta recipe will hit the spot.
This recipe makes 2 large or 3 smaller, perfect for lazy afternoon dinner!
Please let me know how your Roasted Butternut Squash Pasta turn out in the comments! I love hearing from you.
Roasted Butternut Squash PastaCourse: Dinner, LunchDifficulty: Easy
1 butternut squash (approx. 800g)
1 large onion, halved
1 head garlic, cut the top off
1 red chilli pepper (or more for extra spiciness)
salt and black pepper, to taste
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
150 ml pasta water
250 g mafaldine pasta (or other type of pasta)
knob of unsalted butter
2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
1 tsp chilli flakes
- Preheat oven to 2000C. Chop off the stem of the squash and slice in half vertically. Set the cut side of the halves facing up, and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds. Line baking tray with parchment paper and place squash, onion and garlic, drizzle generously with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Bake for 40 minutes. Cut chilli pepper in half, remove stem and seeds. After 20 minutes add red chilli pepper to baking tray and bake with other veggies for remaining 20 minutes.
- Boil large pot of salted water and cook pasta for about 10 minutes until al dente. Drain leaving 150ml pasta water for later.
- Remove vegetables from the oven and transfer to a tall glass jar or container. Add pasta water, salt and pepper. Blend using hand blender until smooth. Taste, adjust salt and pepper if needed.
- In a large frying pan combine pasta and blended vegetables. Add knob of butter and heat over medium-low heat until butter melted stirring often.
- Transfer to a serving plates. Add grated parmesan and chilli flakes on top. Enjoy!
- You can easily customise spiciness of this dish by adding more red chilli peppers.
Do you like my recipes?
I will appreciate if you buy me a coffee. Your support will enable me to further develop this blog and publish delicious content.
Thank you so much!
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @yummytitbitsbymagda or tag #yummytitbits on Instagram!
If you love this recipe, you will also love…
I am sorry you did not like this recipe!
Let me improve it!
Tell us how I can improve this recipe?