Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
Roasted Red Pepper Pasta is super creamy & delicious. Perfect dinner for a whole family made with just a few simple ingredients.
Here’s what you need to make Roasted Red Pepper Pasta:
The best part about this meal is that it can be easily customised to your preferences. You can add more or less garlic, use gluten-free pasta or diary-free cream.
This recipe makes 2 large servings or 3 smaller ones if you want to serve them as a starter before your main meal.
Please let me know how your Roasted Red Pepper Pasta turn out in the comments! I love hearing from you.
Roasted Red Pepper PastaCourse: Lunch, DinnerDifficulty: Easy
200 g tagliatelle pasta
3 red bell peppers
1 large onion
3 cloves garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
150 ml pasta water
100 ml double/heavy cream
salt, black pepper to taste
handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
3 tbsp parmesan, grated + 1 tbsp for topping
- Preheat oven to 2000C. Line baking tray with parchment paper.
- Start from preparing vegetables. Peel onion and garlic cloves. Cut onion into quarters. Wash peppers, remove stem and seeds, cut into smaller pieces. Place vegetables on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 35 minutes (or until tender).
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a salted water in a large pot until al dente (about 8 minutes). Drain leaving 150 ml of pasta water and set aside.
- Once vegetables are ready blend them in the food processor, or using a hand blender, along with pasta water, cream, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Pour blended mixture into a large pan and bring to a boil. Stir in parsley and parmesan, simmer over low heat until sauce is slightly thickened. Add cooked pasta and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately topped with grated parmesan. Enjoy!
- Creamy pasta does not reheat well. If you would like to make it ahead I recommend to prepare sauce and keep refrigerated for up to 2 days. Then heat on a pan and combine with pasta when you ready to serve.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @yummytitbitsbymagda or tag #yummytitbits on Instagram!
I am sorry you did not like this recipe!
Let me improve it!
Tell us how I can improve this recipe?