Vegan Chocolate & Nut Energy Balls
Perfect on-the-go treat prepared in less than 15 minutes! Delicious and healthy alternative to store-bought Ferrero Rocher. And they gluten-free and vegan! Sounds great, right? 🙂
What ingredients do you need to make these perfect energy bites?
Vegan chocolate & nut energy ballsCourse: DessertCuisine: VeganDifficulty: Easy
200 g dates (ideally without stones)
3/4 cup ground almonds
1 cup mixed nuts (walnuts, hazelnuts, cashews)
2 tbsp oat milk
2 tbsp cocoa powder
100g chopped roasted hazelnuts
- Soak dates in hot water for about 10 minutes until soft. Check if they have stones and remove them.
- Put nuts into a food processor and ground, then put into separate bowl.
- Pour out water from the dates and put dates into the food processor. Add oat milk and process until smooth.
- Add cocoa powder, then start adding ground nuts and almonds gradually until mixture is thick, but not dry. It should be slightly sticky otherwise you won’t be able to cover them in roasted hazelnuts.
- Form a small balls (you can wet your hands if they are getting too sticky) and cover in chopped roasted hazelnuts.
- Put in the refrigerator for at least an hour before consuming.
- You can keep energy balls in the fridge for 3 days or frozen up to 1 month.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @magda.yummytitbits or tag #yummytitbits on Instagram!
I am sorry you did not like this recipe!
Let me improve it!
Tell us how I can improve this recipe?